Club Nissan Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Engine
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the all new Club Nissan forum.

Nissan Micra 2004

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MicraKev67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Micra 2004
    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 12:47pm
Dear Expert Nissan Folks ,
    I am a fan of Nissan Micras , my family have owned , had great value out of three . My bubble shape , 2nd Gen ? 1.0 litre started rattling on the timing chain and I swapped with a standard kit myself . I have just bought a 2004 , slope shape , 3rd gen ? I got for a cheap price , a trade in car . I am buying to teach daughters how to drive , want to save my Fiat Multipla Workhorse clutch ! Multipla clutches are not the strongest of things but being a HGV driver , I should be able to nurse along , it's fine at the moment . Changed two anyway , when time comes .

This 04 has got a stretched timing chain , apparently a common fault on these model Micras ...... I just wanted to know if there is any kit that is recommended ? Or do the same as my Bubble shape and get a kit off eBay UK ? To be honest the engine looks the same as my 1.0 ltr bubble one ?

All advice appreciated
All the best and happy driving
Kevin - Worcester / Midlands
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic