Club Nissan Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Brakes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the all new Club Nissan forum.

brakes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave javu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: brakes
    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 at 1:23pm
Hi people, im Dave from Leicester UK, i have recently bought a Nissan Primastar DCI100 SE on a 2004 plate, love the style of the van and thought id give one a go, ive done a lot of work on the van so far, new ERG valve, pressure boost sensor, bosch glow plugs, MAF sensor, oil change, air, oil and fuel filters, then i had seats fitted from a mazda RX8, one of them spins around as a captains seat and added a remap chip for an extra 20bhp. then started on the brake problems, all 4 corners were heating up with brake drag, changed discs, pads, calipers and hoses on all four corners but guess what? the brakes still drag and still heat up, im now thinking master cylinder?? got one on order but thought id come here for some expert assistance; is there anything i should know that could cause brake drag on all 4 corners other than the master cylinder, and of course we have bled the brake several times...should brakes run hot anyway? the van will roll on a gently incline when stopping so they are not dragging in a way that stops the van but the rear brakes got so hot after a 12 mile drive i could feel the steel wheels giving off heat like a radiator in winter...so much so it has slightly tempered the rear discs :( running out of ideas, please feel free to advise..
Hi people, im Dave from Leicester UK, i have recently bought a Nissan Primastar DCI100 SE, i enjoy camping, festivals, martial arts and Law.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic